This year’s Society for Scholarly Publishing Annual Meeting will take place in Portland, Oregon May 31-June 2 with the theme, “Transformation, Trust, and Transparency.” To learn more about the meeting, the location, and key highlights, I recently interviewed the Annual Meeting Program Committee chairs for The Scholarly Kitchen.
As past attendees can attest, the annual meeting is a marathon, not a sprint, so we’ve been getting in shape by running the SSP 5k!
As always, Silverchair is proud to be a Diamond Sponsor, an exhibitor (booth 103), a speaker, and an engaged and enthusiastic attendee.
Here’s who we’re bringing:
- Will Schweitzer, President
- Betsy Donohue, SVP, Business Development – member of the SSP Marketing & Communications committee, and our newest team member! Read more about her new role here, then stop by Booth 103 during the meeting to say hello!
- Hannah Heckner Swain, VP, Product – Member at Large of the SSP Board of Directors
- Stephanie Lovegrove Hansen, VP, Marketing – Co-Chair of the SSP Marketing & Communications Committee, member of the Annual Meeting Program Committee
- Paul Sanders, Chief Delivery Officer
- Jake Zarnegar, Chief Client Strategy Officer
- Craig Griffin, VP, Solutions Engineering
- Walker Swain, Director, Business Development
- Nicole Brown, Director, Customer Success
- Emily Hazzard, Product Operations Analyst
- Deja Forte, Customer Success Manager
Here’s where you can find us:
- Any time at our booth in the exhibit hall! #103 just as you walk in—can’t miss us! We have some extra fun swag and prizes this year, so be sure to stop by and snag some!
- Wednesday, May 31, 3:00pm - Industry breakout session: Introducing SENSUS IMPACT: A new initiative to standardize and report key impact measures for funded research (Jake Zarnegar, with Alison Denby, VP Journals at Oxford University Press)
- In an era where publisher value for money is being increasingly scrutinized, the impact driven by publishers needs to be consistently measured and reported to funders, authors, & policymakers. SENSUS IMPACT – a new initiative backed by Oxford University Press, Silverchair, Hum, and a publisher community of practice—is a new platform that support publishers, researchers, and funders by establishing standardized, centralized reporting on the impact and reach of funded research. Come to learn more about this new initiative (and it if it right for your organization) as it enters its pilot phase.
- Thursday, June 1, 2:00pm - Early Career Professionals Panel (with Emily Hazzard)
- Early career professionals bring much-needed fresh perspectives, skills, and new approaches that can help us shape and achieve a vibrant future. This panel of early career professionals will discuss expectations for an organization’s approach to professional development, career progression, and mentoring. The panel will also share organizational culture recommendations to fully engage early career professionals.
- Thursday, June 1, 3:00pm – Poster Sessions LIVE: Stephanie Lovegrove Hansen will be streaming live on the Whova app to give virtual attendees an on-the-ground view of the Poster Sessions at SSP. Login to follow along!
- Thursday, June 1, 3:30pm - The Introverted Leader: Career Development and Networking Advice for the Quiet Among Us (with Will Schweitzer)
- While extroverts tend to be more seen and heard, research shows that at least one-third of the people we know are introverts. These members of our teams are the ones who prefer listening to speaking; who innovate and create but dislike self-promotion; who favor working on their own over working in teams. In this session, self-described introverts will share tips on how to navigate the workplace and make the most of networking opportunities.
- Thursday, June 1, 5:45pm: Cocktail Reception in booths 103 & 105 (with our friends from Hum)