The migration to the Silverchair Platform brings together
- ADA’s peer-reviewed scientific and medical journals: Diabetes®, Diabetes Care®, Clinical Diabetes®, and Diabetes Spectrum®
- The Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, the ADA's guidelines for diabetes treatment, care, and prevention
- Meeting abstracts from the ADA's annual Scientific Sessions, the largest conference in the world devoted to diabetes-related research, care, and professional education
- The ADA's Diabetes Core Update podcast and other forms of multimedia and custom content.
- ADA professional books, including the popular Medical Management Series
- ADA's Clinical Compendia Series
- …as well as timely news, interviews, and editorials for diabetes researchers and health care professionals
“By unifying their content, the ADA is now better positioned to experiment, grow, and serve the evolving needs of their membership and audience,” said Thane Kerner, Silverchair CEO. “We welcome the ADA into the expanding Silverchair community of innovative, mission-driven publishers.”
“We’re excited to have our journals, books, compendia, and other content types discoverable alongside one another, allowing us to present a more complete picture of the diabetes research and resources available from ADA for a professional audience,” said Heather Norton Blackburn, Director of ADA Professional Publications. “This migration to the Silverchair Platform will also allow us to package together content in ways that we haven’t been able to before, creating new revenue streams and expanding member benefits for ADA’s professional members.”
About The American Diabetes Association
Every day, more than 4,000 people are newly diagnosed with diabetes in America. More than 122 million Americans have diabetes or prediabetes and are striving to manage their lives while living with the condition. The ADA is the nation’s leading voluntary health organization fighting to bend the curve on the diabetes epidemic and help people living with diabetes thrive. For 80 years, the ADA has been driving discovery and research to treat, manage, and prevent diabetes, while working relentlessly for a cure. We help people with diabetes thrive by fighting for their rights and developing programs, advocacy, and education designed to improve their quality of life. Diabetes has brought us together, what we do next will make us Connected for Life. Visit diabetes.org to learn more about the ADA.
Silverchair is the leading independent platform partner for scholarly and professional publishers, serving our growing community through flexible technology and unparalleled services. We build and host websites, online products, and digital libraries for our clients’ content, enabling researchers and professionals to maximize their contributions to our world. Our vision is to help publishers thrive, evolve, and fulfill their missions.
For More Information Contact:
Stephanie Lovegrove Hansen
Director of Marketing