Each year, the JCR offers publishers a time to reflect on their metrics, accolades, and awards of the past year. We are proud to share the following highlights of our clients’ recent achievements.
IWA Publishing, which launched on the Silverchair Platform in July 2018, publishes 15 industry-leading journals about our most valuable resource, water. 10 out of IWA Publishing’s 12 indexed journals increased their Impact Factor in the latest JCR, with half of the journals increasing by more than 10%. The intuitive new platform, iwaponline.com, is also home to Water Intelligence Online (WIO)—an extensive online library of high-quality ebooks and research reports.
The American Society of Anesthesiologists announced that Anesthesiology, its peer-reviewed journal is now #1 in Impact Factor in its category.
The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) announced that the American Journal of Occupational Therapy (AJOT®) has recorded its highest Impact Factor ever.
JAMA Network’s updated Impact Factors include such highlights as JAMA Cardiology’s debut at 10.1, placing it among the highest ranking cardiology journals, and JAMA Oncology’s increase to 20.9, also placing it among the top clinical journals in the field. JAMA Pediatrics, at 10.8, is the highest ranking pediatric journal in the world. The full detail of JAMA Network updates is below.
- JAMA: Impact Factor of 47.7, one of the highest in medicine and science
- JAMA Cardiology: Impact Factor of 10.1, ranking among the highest of cardiology journals
- JAMA Dermatology: Impact Factor of 8.1, ranking high among all dermatology journals
- JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery: Impact Factor of 2.4, one of the highest in the disciplines of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
- JAMA Internal Medicine: Impact Factor of 20.0, ranking high among internal medicine journals
- JAMA Neurology: Impact Factor of 11.5, ranking high among all neurology journals
- JAMA Oncology: Impact Factor of 20.9, one of the highest ranking among clinical oncology journals.
- JAMA Ophthalmology: Impact Factor of 6.7, one of the highest among ophthalmology journals
- JAMA Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgery: Impact Factor of 3.3, ranking high among general otolaryngology journals
- JAMA Pediatrics: Impact Factor of 10.8, the highest-ranking pediatric journal in the world
- JAMA Psychiatry: Impact Factor of 16.6, ranking among the highest of psychiatry journals
- JAMA Surgery: Impact Factor of 8.5, ranking among the highest of general surgery journals
Impact Factors for nine Duke University Press (DUP) titles increased this year: American Speech, boundary 2, differences, Ethnohistory, GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, History of Political Economy, Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law, Journal of Middle East Women’s Studies, and Public Culture.
The Association for University Presses Book, Jacket, & Journal Awards, which celebrates the design and production excellence demonstrated by university presses, honored DUP’s Archives of Asian Art volume 67 and Public Culture volume 29 for overall design by Sue Hall, former journals designer at Duke University Press. Book designer Amy Ruth Buchanan was honored for her interior design and scholarly typography for Vinyl Freak: Love Letters to a Dying Medium by John Corbett.
Over 40 awards were given to 56 DUP book titles in the past year from organizations such as the Society for Cinema and Media Studies, National Women’s Studies Association, Latin American Studies Association, College Art Association, Association for Queer Anthropology, American Sociological Association, and eight winners of the American Library Association’s Choice Outstanding Academic Title.
The American College of Physicians’ Annals of Internal Medicine’s most recent Impact Factor increased to 19.384. With 53,689 total citations in 2017, Annals is the most cited general internal medicine journal and one of the most influential journals in the world.
The Seismological Society of America (SSA) announced increased Impact Factors and rankings for the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America (BSSA) and Seismological Research Letters (SRL).
- SRL: 3.734 (ranking 16th of 85 journals in geochemistry/geophysics); increase from 3.275 in 2016
- BSSA: 2.343. (ranking 37th of 85 journals in geochemistry/geophysics); increase from 2.146 in 2016
Oxford University Press (OUP) journals experienced a 10% increase in visits to the online journals platform and an 18% increase in downloads of journal articles. 170 OUP journals saw an increase in their Impact Factor, and seven journals now rank at the top of their subject categories. OUP continues to publish the highest proportion of journals in the top 10 per cent and top 25 per cent of Impact Factors for at least one subject category, of any other publisher with a portfolio of over 200 journals. 51.6 per cent of OUP’s journals rank in the top 25 per cent of at least one JCR category. Select updates from the 2018 Impact Factor report include:
- Annals of Oncology’s Impact Factor has risen to 13.926. Highly Cited Articles
- Behavioral Ecology received its highest ever Impact Factor: 3.347. Highly Cited Articles
- Epidemiologic Reviews is now ranked 6 out of 180 in the Public, Environmental & Occupational Health category (IF 7.583). Highly Cited Articles
- Health Policy and Planning saw an increase to 2.420, ranking 17th out of 79 journals. Highly Cited Articles
- The Journal of Nutrition’s latest Impact Factor has risen to 4.398. Highly Cited Articles
- Nutrition Reviews holds an Impact Factor of 5.788 and a 5 Year Impact Factor of 7.281, ranking #6 in the Nutrition & Dietetics category. Highly Cited Articles
Congratulations to our esteemed clients on these impressive achievements.