The OpportunityIn a company that prides itself on delivering best-in-class customer service and support, the Tier I Technical Support Analyst, plays a crucial role, interacting daily with internal clients like development teams, and a variety of internal parties, including project managers, business analysts and team leads. This position will report directly to the Director of Technical Operations, and contribute to the ongoing development of a culture of continuous improvement and high-quality service.
Silverchair is looking for a dedicated and flexible individual to handle helpdesk support issues that come in from internal customer generated support tickets. The ideal candidate will have a basic understanding of client support, excellent written and oral communication skills and experience with MS Office. This individual must be well organized, able to work with minimal supervision, and display a high level of professionalism. This individual must be able to work with highly technical people and be able to translate the information into easy speak for our end users.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly and professional publishing industries. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or survey the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, scanners and more
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Investigating, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts
- Maintaining records of software licenses, subscriptions and warranties
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies
- Provide tier 1 help desk service to local and remote employees
- Troubleshoot, research, analyze and resolve problems related to all IT related software, hardware, voice, email, LAN/WAN, audio/video, and in-house applications
- Prioritize customer requests and manage proper assignment flow to second or third level support
- Process user reported problems and requests; initially resolve problems, escalate and follow-up when necessary; open and track all problems and requests via internal helpdesk ticket system; process and track temporary and permanent user equipment requests, and create and delete user logon accounts
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Other projects as assigned
What You Need to Bring
- Helpdesk support experience
- Working knowledge of
- MS office applications
- networking and Internet connectivity
- Windows Server and Desktop OS’s (Windows and Max OS X)
- MS office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Web browsers such as IE, FF, Chrome, Safari and related plugins
- Proven track record of providing superior customer service
- Professional phone presence; ability to work with diverse customer base
- Excellent attention to detail
It Would Be Great If You Had Experience In
- Software Deployment
- Windows Imaging
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Microsoft Active Directory knowledge