The OpportunityIn this role you will become familiar with the full stack of our web applications and be responsible for coding the user interface part of our products. You will work closely with a user experience designer to collaborate with a full range of software engineers to launch new properties as well make enhancements and conduct general maintenance for existing clients.
You will become familiar with enterprise level front-end architecture as well as modern web concepts such as accessibility, semantic markup, search engine optimization and optimized user experience.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly publishing industry. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information and content they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or surveying the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this scholarly activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Become familiar with the full stack of our .Net development environment.
- Work closely with a User Experience Designers to collaborate with a full range of software engineers to launch new web properties.
- Conduct general maintenance and front-end support for existing products.
What You Need to Bring
- 1-2 years’ work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or design related field
- Have a solid understanding of HTML and CSS
- Be motivated to learn
- Have a drive for excellence
- Must be detail oriented
- Web Fonts and Font Icons
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS)
- Razor Templating Language
- MVC Web Frameworks
We will be very excited if you can also:
- Explain what SMACSS means