The OpportunityThe Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer uses analytical methods to test and assure the quality of our web applications. SQA Engineers prepare testing and reporting documentation throughout the software development life cycle and demonstrate a deep knowledge of software quality assurance methodology and tools.
Senior SQA Engineers work with team members to ensure developed functionality is fit for purpose and meets client requirements. As part of an agile team the SQA Engineer reviews customer requirements, design and functional specifications, and prepares test documentation.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly publishing industry. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information and content they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or surveying the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this scholarly activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop expertise in the features/product areas owned by your team and use that expertise to advocate on behalf of the customer/end user and for overall quality. This involves working closely with project teams to review requirements/design for testability and develop a test approach.
- Functional testing and regression testing of application features, with a focus on writing detailed feedback/bugs for effective defect resolution.
- Develop and maintain automated tests using a commercial test automation suite.
- Use JIRA to log and track application defects, verify that the corresponding defect fixes perform correctly and ensure that any other features impacted by the code change are regression tested.
- [Sr.] Lead and train others in test automation practices.
- [Sr.] Lead and train others to develop test case requirements and test plans based on supplied requirements documents and design specifications.
- [Sr.] Participate in continuous improvement of testing process and procedures by analyzing reported bugs and then assessing test coverage and project execution around these areas.
What You Need to Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2+ [3+ Sr.] years of experience or equivalent software testing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge and effective intra- and inter-group communications.
- Experience building and executing automated tests using commercial automation tools
- Experience testing responsive websites on Android and iOS devices.
- Demonstrated skills writing Transact-SQL to effectively create and modify test data and verify results within databases, particularly Microsoft SQL Server.
- An understanding of XML and JSON.
- Have worked on complex functional testing projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic and dependencies.
- Have worked on publicly released software.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and automation testing using .NET, SQL, XML and Selenium.
It would be Great if you brought these
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline or Software testing certifications.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum.
- Expertise with Selenium and/or JMeter
- An understanding of distributed version control systems, specifically Mercurial
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.