The OpportunityOur clients trust and rely on us to transform their standardized content into innovative and impactful online content. As Senior Content Analyst, you will have the opportunity to use your robust knowledge of content technologies and standards to ensure Silverchair continues to grow and develop as a leading platform provider within the STM scholarly publishing industry.
We are looking for someone with an intimate knowledge of how to create, transform, analyze, and manage structured content sets using standard content technologies (XML, XSLT, DTD’s, Schema, and RDF). Your work will help us streamline and manage the content lifecycle as well as keep us on the cutting edge of content technologies and standards.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly publishing industry. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information and content they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or surveying the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this scholarly activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Ensure that our content standards are meeting our strategic goals as well as our practical implementation/maintenance goals.
- Ensure that all content lifecycle processes & tools are strictly compliant with the current standards.
- Design an effective global intake and content processing workflow in accordance with the standards and best practices.
- Be the expert in how the standards are designed and used
- Technical analysis of new content sets and strategic “fit” of those sets to our standards.
- Fit new content into existing standards in a reasonable manner that doesn’t unduly sacrifice quality or value.
- Consider global structured expansion of our standards to react to new opportunities and content sets.
- Consider reduction/rejection of variations and content sets
- Create a “content portfolio” (high level analysis and target for each content set, conversion strategy, and recommended timeline) for each new implementation and clearly communicate it to the content staff that would be executing it
- The Senior Content Analyst would train other Silverchairians to execute the analysis and implementation process consistently and at high quality
- Strong and complete documentation of the standards for both internal and external use
What You Need to BringProven expertise creating and managing structured content sets using technologies such as XML, XSLT, DTDs, Schema, RDF
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Multi-year practical experience working with scholarly and professional content and workflows
- Knowledge and experience building XML schemas and transformations
- Knowledge and experience with creating XML canonical models
- Knowledge and experience analyzing data for commonality with regards to business meaning and semantics
- Knowledge and experience mapping data from various data formats and structures.
- Understanding of integration approaches used for publication services such as PubMed, EPUB
- Previous experience participating in data / content governance management activities
- Ability to evaluate, assess and define approach for application architecture for Silverchair’s product and client solutions
- Expertise in using industry-leading XML software packages to their advanced capabilities
- Existing knowledge of existing content standards related to scholarly publications (NLM DTD, JATS, BITS)
- Strong attention to detail assessing complex and voluminous data sets