The OpportunityWe are looking for someone who is confident and experienced as a team player, communicator, and customer translator. This role requires a blend of skills: project management, technical aptitude, and customer relationship management.
Our Project Managers serve a critical role in Silverchair’s online software product development by overseeing the software development process to ensure on-time delivery and quality for Silverchair’s customers: publishers, government agencies, and scholarly associations and societies.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the scholarly and professional publishing industries. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or survey the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Communicating with the client and Silverchair teams; accountability for the schedule, budget, documentation, and management of project scope and risks.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the project team, including Business Analyst, Software Developers and Software Quality Assurance; collaborating as needed with other teams to meet product development objectives and deadlines.
- Understanding the client’s business needs and how they fit into the overall market environment and the company’s overarching product roadmap. Determine how to best fulfill client requirements with Silverchair’s existing technology.
- Managing the project backlog and prioritizing the work of the project team, in coordination with internal resource dependencies and client milestones.
- Managing large, dedicated projects with a single client, or multiple simultaneous projects with different clients.
What You Need to Bring
- Experience simultaneously managing multiple software development projects.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and three years of project management experience.
- Possess a high level of competence in MS Project and Project Server.
It would be great if you had these too
- Proven confident, cordial, and collaborative demeanor with clients.
- Professional maturity and business acumen.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing technical projects and processes while balancing with business needs.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle growing levels of responsibility.
- Proven success working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate client’s requirements to the technical staff, and to explain technical issues to clients in ways easiest for them to understand
- Eagerness to engage in the details of the project with team members, share opinions, and explore alternative solutions where necessary to ensure that work released to the client is high quality.
- Experience with JIRA and Salesforce.
- Ideal candidate has software development, public-facing website management, and STM association\publisher experience.
- Experience managing system integration projects.