The OpportunityWe are looking for someone who is confident and experienced as a communicator, team-leader and capable of using their extensive leadership experience and management expertise to coordinate and manage a program of projects and a team of project managers for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
This is an opportunity to play an impactful role within a growing and exciting company. As Program Manager, your work will impact the success of our projects through effective planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling of program activities on an ongoing basis. The role demands a high level of experience, confidence and charisma since you will be working with a broad array of client representatives, executives and project managers.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly publishing industry. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or surveying the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this scholarly activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Effectively establish program goals and workstreams
- Mastery of core project management essentials (scheduling, budget management, reporting, meeting management, issue/risk mitigation, etc.)
- Coordinate with client program counterpart as a key client point of contact
- Adept at gaining alignment of team member expectations and understanding
- Comfortable navigating through ambiguity
- Able to identify discrete but similar or duplicative activities and bring owners together to negotiate solution efficiencies and synergies
- Manage a program of projects (multiple, grouped projects)
- Direct the efforts of a team of project managers
- Help to develop and adapt the program plan inside the framework of the PMO requirements
- Lead team-to-team communication and coordination on specific topics
- Reporting status, risks, and progress at the program level to executive leadership
What You Need to Bring
- Experience leading large scale, multiple year, multiple stakeholder software projects
- Software Development Lifecycle experience for online products
- Management of geographically diverse team
- Management of cross-functional software teams
- Management of large project budgets ($1M+)
- Mastery in role of key client communication contact
- Experience with resource planning, balancing, and staffing need identification
- Ability to assess completion and critical path progress on concurrent projects with internal dependencies
- Experience with delivery in a SaaS model
- Knowledge/experience in scholarly publishing industry