The OpportunityWe are looking for someone who is confident and experienced as a communicator, a team-leader and capable of using his/her extensive leadership and management experience to coordinate and manage the infrastructure underlying Silverchair’s SaaS offering, with a team of about 5 engineers, for optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
This is an opportunity to play an impactful role within a growing and exciting company. As Director of Technical Service Management you will operate the infrastructure to deliver the prominent web properties on the Silverchair SaaS platform.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly and professional publishing industries. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or survey the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Execute hybrid cloud infrastructure strategy and structure that enables innovation and seeks to leverage technology trends that can create business value consistent with the company’s requirements and expectations
- Perform end-to-end systems infrastructure design, capacity planning and performance management, identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement
- Partner with colleagues within and outside of IT to drive the technology infrastructure operations and execution for the enterprise, supporting a highly scalable environment
- Work closely with multi-team technical resources and stakeholders to ensure systems function within SLA and that outages are dealt with rapidly and effectively
- Lead team to provide world-class uninterruptable service to all stakeholders
- Act as the Infrastructure and IT operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) with regards to all strategy and tactical efforts
- Manage expense budgets and capital expenditures in support of the acquisition of equipment, maintenance and services
- Own and operate Service Management Process for Incident, Problem, Release and Change
- Develop the Infrastructure team and mentor talent to deliver the technology management and execution capabilities of the organization. Attract and retain talent through positive employee relations and robust succession planning. Enable a constant learning environment for all team members
- Design, implement and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to ensure alignment with company Key Results and to raise the bar on current performance metrics and stakeholder/customer satisfaction
- Drive continuous improvement and introduction of ‘best practices’ into all areas of process, metrics, and performance
- Proactively establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders and customer communities, business partners, vendors and third party organizations
What You Need to Bring
- 5 years of experience leading Infrastructure & Data Center teams required
- 2 years’ experience leading data centers in cloud required
- Must have strong hands on data center and IT infrastructure architecture and design experience with active architecture, SAN, Wintel, and Firewalls in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must also have strong technical depth and knowledge in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and VPN.
- Must have solid experience with Microsoft products.
- Experience managing capital and operational budgets, with proven cost management achievements
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
- Experience managing key vendor relationships with demonstrated benefits to the business through strong relationship management
- Experience managing and overseeing enterprise level technical programs requiring extensive collaboration and group across the organization;
- Demonstrated people leadership with success in driving retention, succession and employee development
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement and quality in IT delivery, support and compliance.
- Comfort in navigating through ambiguity
- Experience with delivery in a SaaS model
- Experience operating IT Service Management (ITSM) processes such as ITIL
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field
- Experience with DevOps supporting software development with Agile SCRUM