The OpportunityA qualified Business Analyst will be an expert in critical thinking, careful analysis, and have a rigorous commitment to high quality results. He or she will take pride in seeing the big picture while keeping meticulous track of the little details. Business Analysts are key players in eliciting, analyzing, and communicating requirements for projects with short schedules and complex needs. A successful Business Analyst is considered to be the go-to person for clear and in-depth knowledge of sets of functionality within the Silverchair platform.
What We DoSilverchair is a product development partner to the Scientific, Technical and Medical scholarly publishing industry. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information and content they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or surveying the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this scholarly activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do ItOver the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, and learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Gather requirements from a variety of sources and determines appropriate follow up questions to ensure all needs are met for the business and client
- Translate business requirements to the team, which may consist of developers, designers, SQA, project managers, etc.
- Collaborate with the team to meet project and/or product development objectives and deadlines
- Author and maintain project and/or product documentation as needed
- Develop and maintain expertise in assigned projects and/or feature areas
- Identify and solve inefficiencies and weaknesses during a project’s life cycle
What You Need to Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent client interaction and team skills
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
It would be great if you could bring these too
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with XML
- Experience with SQL
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment