We are looking for someone who is an articulate communicator, skilled in organization and time management, and service-oriented to provide administrative support in a fast-paced, creative environment. This role requires the ability to handle and prioritize many overlapping activities while maintaining a cheerful demeanor, professional attitude, and high level confidentiality.
The Administrative Assistant will play an important role in supporting the day-to-day operations of our company and will interact with 100+ employees on a mission to understand what help is needed, improve our work environment and keep everything flowing smoothly. We are looking for someone 20 hours/week, primarily on weekday mornings from 9am – 1pm.
There is great growth opportunity for the right individual to take on greater responsibility and expand this role to 30 hours/week and potentially to full-time based on performance and our needs.
What We Do
Silverchair is a product development partner to the scholarly and professional publishing industries. What that really means is we use and create advanced technologies to connect doctors, scientists, and researchers to the information they need to keep up with cutting edge research, diagnose complex conditions, or survey the literature within thousands of topic areas. Silverchair facilitates this activity by developing incredibly dynamic online tools and applications.
How We Do It
Over the last 21 years, we have learned a lot – from both failures and successes. We maintain a progressive mindset and aim to create the knowledge products of the future – and we expect the same mindset from our carefully selected team of professionals – be progressive, be excellent, learn constantly.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provides stellar customer service on phone calls and with in-person visitors, finding answers and directing them to the appropriate party
- Communicates policies, event details, and administrative updates internally
- Performs general office duties to include copying, scanning, filing, mail distribution, and organizing
- Reports needed facilities maintenance to facilities manager and sees repairs/improvements through to completion
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, coffee supplies, paper products and snacks/drinks by purchasing as-needed and stocking in public areas
- Assists in meeting planning and coordinating breakfasts, lunches, drinks and snacks for company meetings and events
- Communicates with various service providers when maintenance, supplies or feedback is necessary
- Contributes to special administrative projects as needed
- Finds answers and solutions for employees in need of assistance, reaching out to the right individuals when appropriate
What You Need to Bring
- Experience in a professional, fast-paced office environment, with a minimum of 2 years in an Administrative position
- High level of competence in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Desire to learn, grow, and to be challenged by new tasks
- Clear, direct communication skills, both written and verbal
- Enthusiasm to help others, whether they be internal or external customers
It Would Be Great If You Brought These
- Experience handling highly confidential information
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Motivation to complete assignments with very little supervision