We believe that the quality of the people on our team is the single most important factor in our good fortune to date, and we select, manage, and compensate accordingly.
We presently have openings in the following areas:
Please see instructions on submitting an application for these positions following the job descriptions below.
Additionally, while there are currently no open positions, we're always looking for smart, talented people, especially in the following areas:
- User Interface Design and Development
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Software Quality Assurance
If you’d like to be considered for the Silverchair team, and your skills and interests are appropriate, send a convincing email to email@example.com. Please include your resume and a detailed cover letter stating your specific qualifications. Generic cover letters won't make the grade, so skip generalities and be specific. Also, no phone calls or third parties please. EOE.
A Silverchair User Interface Developer is an active participant in a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative design and development environment providing best-in-class user experiences and interfaces. This individual is able to understand complex business requirements and their effects on UI, is innately curious and has a forward-thinking approach to development, is comfortable collaborating with designers and developers alike, is fluent in web standards, web and mobile human-computer interaction guidelines, modern UI development languages and techniques (especially Responsive Web Design), and is committed to continuously evolving the quality of Silverchair products.
- Analyze specifications and business needs to determine appropriate technologies and configurations to meet those business needs
- Maintain and enhance current UI architecture to improve usability, performance, and scalability
- Maintain and enhance current UI standards and libraries
- Work with documentation and internal teams, including Product and Project Management, Design, Business Analysis, and Quality Assurance to deliver high-quality, complete software releases
- Work with Support & Enhance teams to maintain and improve current software to meet customer and project needs
- Strong knowledge and experience with object oriented design and programming concepts
- Ability and desire to learn new tools and technologies
- Excellent technical, problem solving, and communication skills both verbal and written
- Capable of collaborative iteration in a fast-paced environment with short product life-cycles
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience in software development companies building complex, commercial, enterprise class products
To APPLY FOR THIS POSITION CLICK HERE and then click on “Information Technology.”
NOTE: we seek Software Developers with varying levels of experience from 0 – 3 years (Associate) and 3+ years.
Are you interested in building highly scalable, highly available on-demand applications? Do you have the passion to become an “A Player” in a great development organization? Here is your opportunity to join the development team at Silverchair, the market leader in digital publishing for scientific, technical, and medical information.
- Architect, design, and implement cutting-edge features for our flagship digital publishing products
- Work with a self-organizing team that values team excellence and productivity
- Display your passion for quality and writing clean and robust code that scales and performs well
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile practices with your peers
- Work closely with Quality Engineers to develop test automation
- Contribute to the analysis of functional requirements
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs
- 0 to 3 (Associate), or 3 to 5+, years experience with Microsoft web technologies, including ASP.NET, VB.NET, and MS SQL Server
- 0 to 3 (Associate), or 3 to 5+, years experience writing and optimizing SQL code
- Interface implementation (HTML/DHTML/CSS/AJAX)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Knowledge of web front-end and mobile technologies
- Publishing domain knowledgeExperience/Skills Desired:
- Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
- Expert understanding of Object-Oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION CLICK HERE and then click “Information Technology.”
A qualified Business Analyst will be an expert in critical thinking, careful analysis, and have a rigorous commitment to high quality results. He or she will take pride in seeing the big picture while keeping meticulous track of the little details. Silverchair’s Business Analysts are dedicated to supporting the Agile Scrum methodology and serve cross-functional teams as ScrumMasters. In addition, Business Analysts are key players in eliciting, analyzing, and communicating requirements for builds with short schedules and complex needs. A successful Business Analyst is considered to be the go-to person for clear and in-depth knowledge of sets of functionality within the Silverchair platform. Business Analysts report to the Manager of Business Analysis.
Requirements gathering and collaboration with designers and developers.
Collaborating with a team of software developers, designers, and quality assurance professionals to meet product development objectives and deadlines.
Authoring and maintaining critical project documentation such as web page inventories, site maps, test plans and use cases.
Developing and maintaining expertise in cross-functional team’s dedicated area of functionality within the Silverchair platform.
Identifying and solving inefficiencies and weaknesses during a project’s life cycle.
After completion of an internal training program, serve as a ScrumMaster role within the Agile methodology.
Required Skills and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Excellent client interaction and team skills.
Impeccable organizational and time management skills.
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies and XML.
Ability to motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results.
Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION CLICK HERE and then click on “Information Technology.”